Salesforce Live Chat for Customer-Centered teams
Live web chat in Salesforce Service Cloud helps connect with customers and offer real-time support, which is key to any customer-centered support team. Live Chat makes this possible by adding chat buttons to your website and sending automated chat invitations to customers as they visit it.
Salesforce Live chats are a quick way to answer questions to people while they’re browsing your website. All it takes is an agent to resolve multiple queries from your customers at the same time and in the fastest way. Live agents can play an essential role in a Customer-Centered team, as they support their customers and directly impact customer satisfaction.
In the past, we used to create tickets to get our queries resolved, and we got time to connect with an agent on the phone, but with this live chat feature, it’s possible to tie in real-time directly.
- Advantages of Salesforce Live chat
- Multiple chats can be handled by one same agent, which is more efficient than having an operator take one call at a time.
- Better customer experience and satisfaction.
- Issues are resolved quicker and faster.
- CSAT (customer satisfaction), Same day resolution (SDR), and CE (customer effort) scores get increased.
How to Set Up Web Chat in Salesforce:
Setting up a live chat in Salesforce is pretty straightforward. Let's go understand step by step.
- Click on the gear icon and select Service setup.
- Select 'View All' from the top right corner.
- Select Chat with customers.
- Read the prompt to learn more about this flow, then click Start.
- Give the queue and group name (both should be unique), and down you can select the agents. Click next.
- Chats canbe prioritized from mot to least important, from 1 to 10.
- Select item size as one which means one case will be treated at once, and choose agent capacity as 10, which means an agent can handle ten instances (You can change according to the requirement). Click next.
- Select the website URL and click next.
- Select your chat type as “Service,” click Next and again Next.
- Copy the code and embed it into your visual force page (which includes chat buttons).
- Modify or create a console App.
You can change your chat settings (like font color) under “Embedded Service deployment.”
Create and assign chat users:
Chat agents are users who have permission to assist customers via chat support.
- From setup, enter users.
- Update any User and select the Chat User checkbox (if you don't see this option see if your org has purchased chat licenses).
- Click Save.
Create and Assign Live Agent Skills:
Skills identify the agent's areas of expertise, and whenever a skill is assigned to an agent, they will receive chat requests based on their skillset.
- From setup in the Quick Find box, search for skills (if you don't find it enable it from omnichannel settings).
- Select New.
- Enter the name of the skill.
- In Assign Users, select the user you want to assign the skill.
- In the assigned profile, you can select the desired profile you want for that skill.
How to configure a Live Agent?
- From setup in the Quick Find box, search for Chat Agent Configurations.
- Select New.
- Enter the Basic Live Agent Information and proper settings according to your preferences.
- Assign users
- Assign profiles.
- Enter the Supervisor settings as per your requirements.
- Enable chat conference settings and Enable chat transfer settings.
- Select chat buttons following your requirements.
Features of Live Chat
- Chat Queue Monitoring
The chat queues can be monitored by a Live Agent Supervisor, who can also monitor agent statuses, login time, and current chat count for online agents.
- Pre-Written Messages
Custom pre-written messages can be defined to include in chats, which will help to speed up a resolution to customers.
- Real-Time Live Chat Support
The queries can be resolved, as details related to a query are accessible in real-time. Resolution can be tackled via chat if the query is related to product information.
- Multilingual Support
This feature can be enabled to interact with the customers in their language. It will help to improve the customer experience.
- Private Messages
Messages can be sent to the customer directly. Alternatively, private messages limit who can view and read them.
- Chat Routing
Chat routing is available in Salesforce Live chat so that the right people can work on the right case at the right time.
- Personalized Messages
There are some system messages available by default in Salesforce Live chat.
- Default messages are, for example:
- “Your chat request has been canceled because no agents are available.”
- “You've ended the chat.”
But it can be replaced with personalized messages to provide better customer service.
- Instant Message Sessions Metrics
When someone visits your website, instant messages can be sent, like “Hello! How are you today? This is Manish. How can I help you?” So if there are any queries, they can get quickly resolved.
- Chat Performance Metrics
Chat performance metrics are available to detect necessary changes to improve customer experience.
- Chat Performance Metrics are likely to include:
- First Response Time (FRT)
- Total Number of Chats
- Average Resolution Time (ART)
- Chat to Conversion Rate
- First Contact Resolution Rate (FCR)
- Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)
- Chat Rating
It can allow customers to rate the chat based on their experience.
- Whisper messages
Sometimes newbies cannot resolve queries on time so with the help of a whisper message, a supervisor can join the chat to guide the support rep with the correct solutions.
- Customer Chat Sneak Peak
It will allow us to know what the customer is typing before he sends the message to be better prepared with a solution as quickly as possible.
Embedded Chat Limitations:
- 40.000 chats per hour per org.
- 7.000 agents online per Salesforce org simultaneously.
- When using Chat, the maximum size of a message sent by a chat visitor is 6.000 characters.
- Messaging allows for a maximum of 2.000 channels per organization.
- Up to 200.000 images can be sent or received per chat.
Salesforce Live chat Agent is a great feature provided by Salesforce to enhance the customer experience. It also allows Customer-centered teams to reduce their workload and work effectively by focussing on customers to build long-term relationships, and put clients at the core of your business.