Call recording is your business's ability to record a voice conversation over an audio source. Active calls or conference calls can be recorded and then stored as a digital file to be transcripted or listened to at a later stage. Call recording is also known as phone recording or voice logging.
Call recording allows you to better monitor your team’s performance and the quality of your service by recording calls and listening back on them.
Some Cloud Phone Systems (like PhoneIQ) include Automatic Call Recording features, making it easier to collect and analyze every interaction.
The ability to listen to and review calls offers a variety of business benefits:
- Problem-solving: Records of interactions between employees and customers assist in conflict resolution.
- Quality service: If you knew someone was listening to your every word, you'd conduct yourself professionally. In the same way, call recordings encourage employees to remain professional, even if customers address them with hostile behavior.
- Client satisfaction: Logging and filing calls that relate to one client assists your company in referring to conversations in question, be it for clarification or legal defense.
- Practical training: New staff often need to be monitored to ensure a united brand philosophy. While in training, monitoring calls will enable supervisors to check-in and assist/correct trainees where necessary.
- Legal compliance: Many businesses need to align with state law, and by recording calls, you will be able to protect your company if there is a dispute.