Best Outbound Dialers for Salesforce Lightning in 2022
For Sales teams at the frontline of business growth, outbound dialers have proved to be their unparalleled ally in terms of time, cost and rep energy efficiency. Not to mention being able to make calls directly from Salesforce certainly adds the benefits of using the world’s largest and most customizable CRM.
Especially when building customer relationships at a distance, sales reps need to master communication tools to increase their productivity while prospecting, following up, and campaigning. For this purpose, various Outbound Dialers are available in the market: to facilitate sales teams to bloom and grow.
Must-have Outbound dialer features:
1. Automatic outbound calling: It helps in the automation of a large number of outbound calls. Thus, it reduces human errors and gives more time for Sales reps to do more productive work.
2. Click to dial (a.k.a. direct calling): Allows calling any phone number by simply clicking on it, no matter where it shows up.
3. Call List: Reps can create a list by extracting Contacts and Leads straight from Salesforce. This helps sales reps to create a call list of all the numbers to call one after the other.
4. Call Monitoring: It allows managers to listen to call recordings and live conversations, to guide their sales representatives on how to improve. It would be helpful for you to know that Call Monitoring is not supported in Salesforce Essentials.
5. Local Presence Dialing: The area code for the phone number to be displayed on the screen of the receiver can be selected by Sales reps with this feature. This feature boosts pick up rates by 400%!
6. Logging notes: This helps in jotting down the points and comments while in a call and adding them to the Lead or Contact Salesforce record.
7. Call Recording: Calls are automatically recorded, so sales Sales reps can record a call for future reference.
8. Call log: It shows the call history that piles up every interaction with leads and customers over time.
Once you realized that an Outbound Dialer is needed for your business, the question that arises is WHICH ONE?
There are three types of Outbound Dialers you can check out to see which meet your organization’s requirements. The types of Outbound dialers are: Power dialers, Predictive dialers and Progressive dialers.
Types of Outbound Dialers
Power Dialer: automated telephony tool that takes a Salesforce call list and dials one number after the other, as soon as an agent is available and only when the call is connected.
Predictive Dialer: By using algorithms to calculate when the next agent will be available to take a call, predictive dialers can start dialing the following number to attempt reaching a live connection for them. The calculation is done based on the average time it takes for calls to be answered and the number of agents.
Progressive Dialer: It is similar to Predictive Dialer, but Progressive Dialer takes into consideration abandonment rate and rate of connection as well.
Before stating my top 5 outbound dialers, I must clarify that before making up your mind on which one to go for, you should consider the individual needs and budget of your org. The following list presents outbound dialers according to their popularity among orgs for their Sales reps and specifies their features, pros, and cons.
Top 5 Outbound Dialers for Salesforce Lightning
Aircall provides cloud-based call center and phone system solutions for industries like Financial services, Healthcare, Retail and E-commerce, Travel and Hospitality, Software and IT, etc. Trusted by more than 100+ companies like Avocado, Bridies, Expensify and Pipedrive, it provides a voice platform that integrates with varous popular productivity and helpdesk tools like Salesforce, Intercom, Zendeck and Slack.
Aircall offers three types of packages: Essential, Professional and Custom. Some of the key features that take this company to the top 5 Outbound Dialers for Salesforce Lightning are:
- Assign & comment on calls
- Call monitoring & whispering
- Live feed
- Custom analytics
- Parallel calls
- Click to Dial
- Pause-resume recording
- Supports Web-based, iOS, Android and Desktop devices. Given that it supports desktop, it allows Sales reps to use their own computers to make and receive calls.
- Provides a simple and smooth set up experience of their managed package in Salesforce Lightning.
- Targets a wide range of customer base from freelancers to startups, SMEs to Enterprises.
- Main criticisms from customers are poor and slow customer service problem resolution, and inconsistency in call quality.
Talkdesk is a cloud-based contact center, unified communications and artificial intelligence software provider for industries like Communication, media and internet; Financial Services and Insurance, Government and Education, Health and Life Science, and IT and Services. It has provided exceptional customer experiences to companies like Accenture, Acxiom, Air Business, and Xenial.
Its products like Omnichannel Engagement, Employee Collaboration and Customer Experience Analytics can be integrated with different CRMs like Salesforce, Kustomer, Microsoft Dynamics, ServiceNow, and many more. Its key features are:
- Data import and Synchronization
- Call Monitoring & Recording
- Contact History
- Real-Time Reporting
- Built-In CRM
- Unlimited Concurrent Calls
- Compile Contact Lists
- International Numbers
- Call Disposition and Notes
- Integrates with Salesforce Lightning Flow, so you can trigger automations based on events in your call center
- Both Agent assisted dialing and agentless pro-active notifications.
- Helps in streamlining the campaign management process, easy to define dialing mode configuration, dialing strategies, call dispositions dispositions, and call lists.
- Pricing and flexibility as a service: The most basic licence starts at $75 per user per month and require a 3 year minimum contract.
3. Revenue.io (formerly RingDNA)
Revenue.io provides rich call data, flexible telephony options, and outbound sales enablement features that integrate with Salesforce. Many big companies like Amazon, Fidelity, and HP Enterprises rely on its outbound dialer for their companies. It currently offers integration with Salesforce, Zoom, Twilio and Appirio. Some of its features include:
- Local presence dialing
- Call recording
- Call types and notes
- Call data
- Advanced reporting
- Daily summary
- Good sales management and focused marketing campaigns.
- Smooth computer telephony integration (CTI), Zoom, and Calendar integration.
- Call quality can be unstable.
- Creating call lists requires manual revision because it doesn’t weed our bad or duplicate numbers.
While RingCentral sells to a broad range of industries, it has targeted the Financial Services, Healthcare, Education Government, Retail and Professional Services for its cloud-based communication and collaboration products and services.
Some of their satisfied customers are Digital Shadow, Rapid LD, Smartling and Pega. RingCentral integrations are currently offered by vendors like Box, Salesforce, Google, Desk and Zendesk.
- Preview, predictive and progressive dialing
- Coaching and analytics
- Data integration
- Inbound callback routing
- Voice broadcast
- Answering machine detector
- Provides stable functionality and is value for money
- Easy to manage and maintain
- Not built into a CRM so users have to switch back and forth between two systems at a time. Some people have reported facing issues in data integration.
PhoneIQ is a Salesforce native CTI and call center solution that includes a power dialer and is integrated with High-Velocity Sales. Users can manage outbound campaigns using list views, and import sales cadences steps through their work queue.
The reason why this company’s Outbound Dialer makes it to the top 5 is because of its features like:
- Import call lists from Salesforce
- High-velocity sales integration
- Local presence dialing
- Automatic Screen pop up of Salesforce records
- Click to call
- Prerecorded voicemail drop
- Call Recording, Monitoring, Whispering and Barge
- Cold and warm transfer
- Automatic Call logs
- Live Supervisor Console
- After Call Work, disposition codes and notes
- Salesforce Native dashboards and analytics
- Global Outbound HD calling in 190+ countries and Flat rate for US and Canada.
- Highly responsive
- Excellent reporting and customizable dashboards.
- Its mobile app does not support all functionality.
Kindly note that the pros and cons mentioned are purely based on the people’s reviews. For pricing please check with companies as they keep changing. Companies like Hello Hunter, ChaseData, CallFire, and ProspectBoss also provide good Outbound Dialers for Salesforce Lightning.
I would like to sum up by saying that outbound dialers help companies boost their productivity, reflecting in sales and generating more revenue. Before selecting which company’s Outbound Dialers you should use, try to analyze your needs and budget and see which out of the lot match them to the greater extent.