Everything you should know about the Salesforce Spring ‘22 Release
Winter time and the Salesforce Spring ‘22 Release is promising to improve customer and employee experiences, helping companies to work smarter and achieve success from anywhere.
As this is just a preview, until and unless Salesforce announces a launch date, these features will not be available. We advise you to read the Release Notes to help you prepare for the time it affects your Org.
The sandbox preview window has been available since January 7th, so you might want to create an active sandbox on a preview instance and get a hand on the new features available in the upcoming release.
Salesforce Spring ‘22 Features
Here are some of the Salesforce Spring ’22 features that we think will take Salesforce to the next level:
1. Revenue Intelligence: A great feature for Sales teams
Its tools will definitely help in generating more revenue and build a stronger pipeline. A clear example of this is Revenue Insight, which will also improve forecast accuracy.
Three new types of dashboards will become available: Overview, Team Performance, and Sales Performance. In addition, Tableau CRM dashboards and analytics were tied together with Pipeline Inspection, to enable users to see the changes to their pipeline from the Flow tab (Dynamic charts). Revenue Intelligence includes Einstein Forecasting, Einstein Activity Capture, and more. AI, forecasting, and customer engagement features.
The best of all? This will be available for an extra cost!
2. Scoping Rules: Regulate the default records that your users see based on conditions you select
More often than not, specific settings need to be applied to the different types of users. Scoping Rules will now be available for custom and standard objects (account, case, contact, event, lead, opportunity, and task).
So far, there is no UI for configuring Scoping Rules. So, Tooling or the Metadata API is used for creating, editing, or deleting them.
Available in: Lightning Experience in Performance and Unlimited Editions
3. Edit multiple fields inline on the Report Run page (Beta)
This change applies to Lightning Experience in Group, Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
Useful to clean up data and update statutes without rerunning reports, the Report Run page helps in editing several records inline, undoubtedly saving time and keeping records updated. If a field has been updated, it will bemarked as “Pending”.
- Follow these steps to enable inline editing in reports:
- Go to Setup
- Search for “Reports and Dashboards”, in the Quick Find box.
- Select Reports and Dashboards Settings.
- Select Enable Inline Editing in Reports (Lightning Experience only),
- Save changes.
4. Collaborative Forecasts
Forecast Types and Forecasts Settings are now united into one page. Now available in Lightning Experience only.
- It offers two ready-to-use calculated columns:
- Gap to Quota: It calculates how far you are from your quota.
- Pipeline Coverage: It shows pipeline remains vs quota needed.
5. Lightning App Builder: Improves the speed of desktop pages
A new prompt in the Lightning App Builder takes you to the Lightning Usage App. It lists the desktop record pages with a median estimated performance time (EPT) of 4 seconds or longer. Applies to Lightning Experience in Group, Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
6. Lightning App Builder: Orchestrator Work Guide
Use Orchestrator Work Guide to Connect Users with Tasks (Generally Available). It displays actions generated by Orchestrator orchestrations to assigned users including Tasks. Applies to Lightning Experience in Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
7. Lightning App Builder: Analytics Assets
Use Analytics Assets: The new Tableau CRM Collection component can be used to add collections of curated dashboards and lenses to one’s Lightning pages. It displays collections in a concise panel, making it possible for a user to scroll through all the content.
Available in Lightning Experience in Group, Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions. And remember a Tableau CRM license is required to use Tableau CRM.
8. Update in Flow Builder:
Now you can place Flow Elements automatically with Auto-Layout. Available in Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer editions. It places, spaces, and connects elements on the canvas automatically.
The new Flow Trigger Explorer allows you to visualize all your record-triggered flows in one place.. Available in Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions. This will make navigation easier between an individual flow in Flow Builder and other flows that run under the same situations. (Read more)
· Translate and Customize Button Labels in the Flow Screen Footer (Generally Available): Now customization of Previous, Pause, Next, and Finish button label text will be possible in Flow Builder. (Read more)
· Generate Choice Options from Record Collections. This update will help in using prevailing record collections to create collection-based choices in a flow. Collection choice sets avoid the necessity to duplicate the outcomes of a Get Records element, a component, or an action. As an alternative to querying for a set of records multiple times throughout the flow, you can make a collection once, and then use the record collection anywhere that you need it. (Read more)
BONUS: Steps to enable Flow Builder
1. Select Flow Builder
2. From the dropdown menu, select Auto-Layout.
3. Click + to insert an element.
4. Then you can see the options and possible elements for that location on Flow Builder.
5. To edit, copy, or delete an element, click it.
6. Click + where you want to place it after copying an element. Then click Paste Copied Elements.
7. Copy and paste a set of elements to another location is also allowed.
For more details, check out this link.
These are just the few that I mentioned. To get the complete list kindly visit the Salesforce site.
This article aims at pointing out the most happening features of Salesforce Spring '22. Hope it proved useful to you.